Cyber law is the “law governing cyber space”. In today's highly digitalized world, almost everyone is affected by cyber law. V.M. Salgaocar College of Law in Association with Asian School of Cyber Laws (ASCL), Pune conducted a certificate course of ‘Diploma in Cyber Law’. Registration of the students to pursue the course commenced in the Month of December 2015.
This course was launched in 2004. In the last 11 years it has been completed by more than 20,000 participants including Judges, Police Officers, Lawyers & Law students, IT professionals & Engineering students, Chartered accountants & CA students, Company Secretaries & CS students, Tax & other Government officials, Military personnel, Management Professionals, Commerce Graduates and students.
Founded in 1999, Asian School of Cyber Laws (ASCL) is a global pioneer in Cyber Law, Cyber Crime Investigation and Digital Forensics. ASCL works with the Government, Corporates, Enforcement and Military agencies across the world. ASCL has assisted the Government of India in framing draft rules and regulations under the Information Technology Act, drafting model rules for the functioning of Cyber Cafes and drafting the Information Age Crimes Act. ASCL has also assisted the Controller of Certifying Authorities in drafting regulations relating to the recognition of foreign certifying authorities.
Apart from training law enforcement agencies of several states, ASCL has also conducted training programs for the judiciary in several states.
Further achievements of ASCL can be viewed at: http://www.asianlaws.org/aboutus.php
- To abreast oneself with the developing trends in cyber law
- To study and interpret the legislation impacting cyberspace in the present scenario and
- To battle the latest kinds of cyber crimes impacting the citizens in the web world in all fields.
- Fundamentals of Cyber Law.
- E-commerce : Legal issues.
- Intellectual Property Issues & Cyber space: Indian Perspective.
- Cyber Crime and Digital Evidence: Indian Perspective.
- Data Privacy Law.
Course material was provided to the students in electronic form.
The duration of the course was 6 months and the classes were scheduled on Saturdays but at times were subject to change depending on the availability of the resource persons.
- Mr. Rohas Nagpal – President and Co – founder of ASCL.
- Mr. Debasis Nayak – Co- founder of ASCL & Director of Tech Juris Law Consultants.
- Adv. Gaurav Borkar.
Total 14 students registered for the course. Written Exam was held in College in the Month of May 2016 and candidates securing Minimum 50% marks were awarded the Diploma in Cyber Law certificate, jointly by ASCL and V.M. Salgaocar College of Law.