V.M. Salgaocar College of Law in Association with Faculty of Law University of Lisbon conducted the IX post–graduate Month Long Course leading to “DIPLOMA IN CIVIL LAW” from the 18th January to 29th February 2016.
Leading Academicians, Advocates and Learned Scholars from Lisbon delivered Lectures at this Course. Students got an opportunity to interact and participate in these Lectures, hold discussions and participate in workshops during this course of Study. The Classes were held from Monday to Friday from 9.00 a.m–10.00 a.m. Total 40 students registered and wrote examination on 21st March 2016 to qualify for the Diploma in Civil Law.
A Certificate was issued to the candidates having 75% Attendance as well as to those who successfully qualified the Written Exam.
The Lecture Series for the Course Diploma in Civil Law were as follows:
- Prof. Dr. Pedro Caridade de Freitas delivered Lectures on the Topic ‘The Historical Origins of the Civil Law Systems’ from 18th to 22nd January.
- Prof. Dr. Dário Moura Vicente delivered Lectures on the Topic ‘Contracts in the Civil and the Common Law Traditions : A Comparative Overview’ from 1st to 5th February.
- Prof. Dr. Rute Saraiva delivered Lectures on the Topic ‘The Economic Foundations of Civil Law Systems’ from 8th to 12th February.
- Prof. Dr. Fausto de Quadro delivered Lectures on the Topic ‘Globalization, Regional Integration and Fundamental Rights’ from 15th to 19th February.
- Prof. Menezes Leitao Delivered Lectures on the Topic ‘Family Law in Civil Law Systems and in Goa’