Dr. Patil, presently an Assistant Professor, has been the part of the Institution for the last two decades. He is also faculty for the LL.M Program of Research Center of the College.
He is the Director of the Moot Court Society of the College. He is also on the Editorial Board of the Salgaocar Law Review. He is also the member of the Steering Committee of the Child Rights Clinic of the College.
With the expertise he gained in the Law of Arbitration and the other Alternative Dispute Resolution Systems like Mediation and Negotiation, he initiated several Seminars and Workshops. He was instrumental in developing a competition on Negotiation and making V.M. Salgaocar College of Law one of the pioneers in teaching ADR skills. He also has the credit of developing modules for teaching skills of Negotiation and Mediation. He has also been invited to organise the National Rounds of the Louis M. Brown Client Counseling Competition and to train the participants for the same.
He has been the Director of the Legal Aid Society and has been involved with the systematization of the whole scheme of the Legal Aid in the Institution. He has also been instrumental in organizing various Human Rights activities in the College, including Seminars, Certificate Courses, National Level Moot Court Competitions, ADR Competitions, etc.
His has been involved with research projects on “Improving Access to Legal Aid as a part of Building Integrated Approach” funded by United Nations Development Fund for Women in the year 2006 and also with the project on “Access to Justice : Study of the Law School Based Legal Service Clinics” funded by United Nations Development Program and the Government of India in the year 2011. He has also been part of the UGC initiative of E-Pathshala by contributing to the e-content on Access to Justice for the Post-Graduate Law Students. His lectures on the selected modules are available at UGC website.
He is a visiting faculty for the LL.M Program on Human Rights and ADR Certificate Program at Shivaji University, Kolhapur, Maharashtra. He has also been empanelled as a resource person in the Karnataka Institute for Law and Parliamentary Reform (KILPAR), Bangalore (A Government of Karnataka Initiative).
He graduated in Law from the Karnataka University, Dharwad. During his post-graduation, he specialized in Labour Law. In 2011, he was awarded Doctorate by the Goa University for his thesis titled ‘Human Rights of Disabled : A Critical Socio Legal Study in Contemporary Goa’.
He is a member of the international organizations like the Global Alliance for Justice Education and also South Asian Forum of Clinical Law Teachers.
- Improving Access to Legal Aid as a part of Building Integrated Approach – Funded by United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM) 2006
- Access to Justice : Study of the Law School Based Legal Services Clinics – Funded by United Nations Development Program and Government of India, 2011.
Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanisms, Clinical Legal Education
Law of Contract
- Access to Justice for Labourers and Access to Justice for Disabled in E-Pathshala UGC Available at UGC Website, 2015
- “Human Dignity : The Palisade against State Extremism”, KLE Law Journal, 2014
- Indecent Representation of Women : Legal Dimension, Indian Journal of Human Rights and Social Justice, Vol 6, 2011
- “The Charter of Fundamental Rights – A Perspective” Civil Law Studies : An Indian Perspective, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2009
- Rights of Disabled : Legal Protection and Issues in Development of International Standards of Rights of Disabled Persons, Serials Publications, 2008
- Development of International Standards on Rights of Disabled Persons, Indian Journal of Human Rights and Law 2008
- Choice of Law, All India High Court Cases (Journal Section) 2008
- ‘Legal Aid Services in Law Schools and its Sustainability’ International Seminar on ‘Access to Justice : Role of Law Schools’ organized by ILS Law College, Pune 2015
- ‘Telecommunication and Law’, National Seminar at R.L. Law College, Belgaum, Karnataka, ‘Regulatory Framework on Telecommunication’ 2014
- Concept of ADR and Legislative Framework, National Seminar on Professional Development and Training on Teaching ADR Skills for Better Legal Services at NLSIU and International Bar Association and MILAT, 2014
- Human Rights of Women, National Seminar on Human Rights, Its awareness in present context” B.A.J.S.S. Arts and Commerce College for Women, Ranebennur, Haveri 2012
- Indecent Representation of Women : The Legal Dimension, National Seminar on Indian Legal System : Contemporary Challenges Karnataka University, Dharwad 2012
- Status of Law School Based Legal Aid Clinics in State of Odisha and Chittisgarh, National Conference on Access to Justice, V.M. Salgaocar College of Law 2011
- Access to Justice : The V.M.S Experience, International Seminar on Access to Justice and Legal Education and Understanding Incubator, CUNY LAW COLLEGE, New York, Symbiosis Law College Pune.