Dr. Srinivasa Rao is an Associate Professor of Law. He joined the V.M. Salgaocar College of law in the year 2000. He is designated PIO of the College under the Right to Information Act, 2005. He is instrumental in introducing Criminal Trial Advocacy to the students and also a faculty for Prison Clinic in the College. Before joining the academia he practiced as an advocate in Civil and Criminal Courts for two years. During his career he worked in several institutions and also acted as Principal of T.L.N. College of Law, Bobbili, A P. from 1995 to 1996, Margadarshi College of Law, Karimnagar from 1997 till 2000 and Officiating Principal of V.M. Salgaocar College of law from June 2012 to August 2015.
He is a recipient of Dedicated Teacher Award from Inner Wheel Club; Panjim 2010. He is a recognized Faculty for LL.M Programme and Research Guide (for Ph.D.) by Goa University. At present 7 students are doing research (Ph.D.) under his guidance. He has published 14 articles in various National law Journals and magazines. He was a Chairman of Board of Studies for Department of Law from March 1st 2015, and worked as Director for Central Assessment Programme and Board of Examiner in Examination Centre at Goa University several times. He was also a member of Goa State Legal Services Authority.
His research works includes “The Emergence of the Concept of Legal Aid and its application in contemporary Goa – A Legal Study”, Domestic Enquiry and Disciplinary proceedings at A.P.S.R.T.C in Karimnagar region, Welfare measures under Factories Act in Gopala Krishna Jute Mills, at Bobbili.
Criminal Law, Labour Law and Property Law
Criminal Procedure Code,
Transfer of Property,
- “False Evidence : Strangulating Criminal Justice System?” Article published in Indian Bar Review, Vol.XL (2) 2013 page 23-34.
- “Bad Faith Adverse Possession – Need for fresh look on adverse possession” Indian Bar Review, Vol.XXXIX (2) 2012 page 5-16.
- “Which comes first, FIR or Preliminary probe at discretion” Criminal Law Journal (2011 Cri L J (Nov) Page 350-352 Journal)
- “Alternative Dispute Resolution in Criminal Jurisprudence” Criminal Law Journal (2009 Cri LJ (sep) Page 262 Journal)
- “ Possession is nine points of the law” with special reference Sec.53A of transfer of Property Act and its importance after 2001 amendment, All India High Court Cases, 2009 April, Page 49 Journal.
- “Compulsive Bail – An indefeasible right of accused” Criminal Law Journal Vol.114 – Part 1304 at 227, August 2008.
- ‘Fate of Second Wife’ Need to second look Sec.125, Criminal Procedure Code 1973, The Madras Law Journal 1997(II) at 14.
- ‘How to made more effective the Disciplinary Action in Industrial Society’ The Madras Law Journal 1997(I) at20.