Dr. Prasad is a leading expert in clinical education in India. He is the first recipient of Vanderbilt-Fulbright Scholarship in Clinical Legal Education. He joined V.M. Salgaocar College of Law in the year 1996.
Over the course of his career, he has served as Chairman of Moot Court Society, Legal Aid Society and ADR Board and became Principal in August 2015. He served as a Professor of Law in Indian Law Institute, New Delhi for a year. He is instrumental in establishing and functionalizing India’s first legal aid set-up being run by a law college. For this initiation V.M. Salgaocar College of Law received “Institutional Excellence Award 2011” from SILF (Society of Indian Law Firms) and MILAT (Menon Institute of Legal Advocacy Training). He was a member of core team to design and teach in Winter Intersession India International & Comparative Human Rights Law Practicum, a joint venture between law schools of India and United States. He was the coach for the teams that participated in ADR International Mooting Competition organized by City University Hong Kong and ICC International commercial Mediation.
Competition, Paris and Vienna. He is a Member to develop e-content on Access to Justice for University Grants Commission’s Project on E-Pathshala for Post Graduate Courses in Law. He also contributed to Course Content for School of Law, Indira Gandhi National Open University and University Grants Commission.He has published several scholarly articles and essays in leading law journals, including Clinical Law Review, Journal of Indian Law Institute, Annual Survey of Indian Law and Delhi Law Review.
He is a member of several international organizations such as Global Alliance for Justice Education, South Asian Forum of Clinical Law Teachers. Currently he is a Member of Goa State Commission for Protection of Child Rights.
Dr. Prasad completed his graduation in B.A. Economics from Nagarjuna University, LL.M. from Vanderbilt University, Nashville, USA, and Ph.D. from Goa University. At V.M. Salgaocar College of Law he has taught Contracts, Constitutional Law, Law of Evidence, Negotiation and Dispute Resolution. He has been the Chairman of Committee on Consultation and IPR, Goa University, 2012, Member of National Co-ordination Committee to conduct National Rounds of Louis M. Brown International Client Counseling and Interviewing Competition, and Member, Expert Committee for Diploma in Legal Literacy Program, IGNOU, Delhi, 2007.
- Improving Access to Legal Aid as a part of Building Integrated Approach – Funded by United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM) 2006
- Access to Justice : Study of the Law School Based Legal Services Clinics – Funded by United Nations Development Program and Government of India, 2011.
Clinical Legal Education, Dispute Resolution, Negotiation, Mediation, Legal Aid, Child Rights
Law of Evidence
Negotiation and Mediation
- Access to Justice : Study of the Law School Based Legal Services Clinics, UNDP and Government of India 2011.
- “Clinical Legal Education in South and Southeast Asia”, The Global Clinical Movement : Educating Lawyers for Social Justice, Bloch, Frank (Ed.), Oxford University Press 2010. (with Bruce Lasky)
- Legal Aid in India – An Overview, Right to Counsel – Constitutional Perspectives, Rajitha, Tadikonda (Ed), Amicus Books, ICFAI University Press 2008.
- “Institutionalizing A Social Justice Mission For Clinical Legal Education : Cross – National Currents From India and the United State” Clinical Law Review, Vol 13, No. 1, 2006. (with Frank S. Bloch)
- Constitutional Law – II, XLIIIV, (2012) ASIL, Indian Law Institute, New Delhi
- Stratification of Masters Education in Law in India : A Debate on One Year LL.M as an Alternative or a Cash Cow, Delhi Law Review, (2013), XXXII, 115.
- Constitutional Law – II, XLIX (2013) Indian Law Institute, New Delhi, 329.