She started her teaching career at the G.R. Kare College of Law, Goa in the year 2003 and went on to join the V.M. Salgaocar College of Law in the year 2004. Presently she is Assistant Professor and also a visiting faculty for the LL.M Program of the College.
She has been the Editor and instrumental in initiating ‘Lexpression’, the Law Journal published by the College. She also initiated ‘Srujan’, which serves as a platform for the students to express their ideas freely and also encourage their talents. She is also on the Editorial Board of the Salgaocar Law Review.
She has been the Coordinator of the Moot Court Society. She has been heading various Legal Aid Cells of the College from time to time. She is also the Member of the Steering Committee of the Child Rights Clinic of the College. She is the In charge of the Human Rights Club and has been guiding students in the conduct of various activities relating the same. She is also the member of Research and Development Committee for the Doctoral Program.
She has also contributed to the preparation of E-Pathshala course content of UGC on ‘Access to Justice for Women and Children’ in 2015 for use of post-graduate Law students, which is available at the UGC website.
She is engaged in teaching various courses including Family Law, Administrative Law, Jurisprudence, Torts and Criminology among others. She has completed her LL.B (Five years Course) at the ILS Law College, Pune in the year 2001 and post-graduated from the Dept. of Law, University of Pune in the year 2003. She has obtained Diploma in Consumer Protection laws from the Institute of Advance Legal Studies, Pune.
Assisted in Research Project on “Improving Access to Legal Aid as a part of Building Integrated Approach” funded by United Nations Development Fund for Women in the year 2006.
Child Rights, Criminology and Jurisprudence.
- “Divorce : Comparative Analysis of the Family Laws of Goa and Hindu and Muslim Family Law” published in Civil Law Studies : An Indian Perspective, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2009.
- ‘Access to Justice for Women’ & ‘Access to Justice for Children’, E-Pathshala course content of UGC 2015, UGC website.
- “Absolute Liability and the Changing Power Equations”, K.L.E. Law Journal – Inaugural Issue, 2014
- “Law and Practice of Sati”, 2011, Indian Journal of Human Rights and Social Justice, Vol 6, No 1-2, , 73-82
- “Constitutional Status of Personal Laws : Vacillating Judiciary”, 2009 All India High Court Cases (Aug) Pg. 107 Journal.
- “Comparative Analysis of the Status of Women under the Personal Laws”, Indian Journal of Human Rights and Social Justice, Serials Publications, New Delhi, Vol 3, 2008, Pg. 103
- “Land Laws of Goa” (Text Book Compilation), V.M.Salgaocar College of Law, Miramar, 2006
- ‘Position of Women under the Hindu Personal Law’, Expression – Law Journal, V.M. Salgaocar College of Law, 2006.
Presented a paper on “Goa Children’s Act, 2003 vis a vis the Education Bill of 2009”, at the Colloquium on the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Bill, 2008, V.M. Salgaocar College of Law, 2009.